12 October 2008

Formulations, Ponderings, and Quotes

This posting showcases various formulations, ponderings, and quotes by myself and other selected authors (with whom I have acquired permission to post when necessary) that I think express the essential elements in applying Capitalism and Freedom. I will be continually adding to this posting, so make sure you visit often. Thanks.

POSTING No. 1

Encouraged by, and inspired by, my good friend Beth Haynes (see her blog "Wealth is not the Problem" ), who came up with a brilliant way of formulating and expressing rational, fundamental concepts in a clear, concise manner. She herself was inspired by a famous formulation by President Abraham Lincoln. His formulation was this:

"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my ideas of democracy."
--- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) 16th U.S. President

This is my inspired formulation regarding Capitalism:

"As I would not want my life and freedom controlled by the state, so I would not want the state to control the lives and freedoms of all other men. This expresses my ideas of Capitalism."
--- John Dick, 2008 U.S. Citizen

This was Beth Haynes' formulation regarding Morality:

"As I would not be a victim, so I would not be a thief. This expresses my idea of morality."
--- Beth Haynes, 2008 U.S. Citizen

Thanks Beth!

POSTING No. 2

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
--- Thomas Jefferson, (1743-1826) 3rd U.S. President

For a full collection of quotes by Thomas Jefferson (and many others), see BrainyQuote.com.